Why it’s important to prepare for your vaccination and How to best optimise your response.
Every person is unique and how efficiently the vaccine boosts your immune system depends on your state of health. Preparing your level of wellness can greatly impact how quickly and efficiently you respond to the vaccine.
These few steps below will not only maximise the benefit of your vaccination but also improve your overall health.
Ensure you’re eating a healthy diet with plenty of veggies, fruit, nuts/seeds, lean protein, a variety of fibre and healthy fats. Fast & processed food and sugar lowers immune response. A healthy microbiome is essential for optimal immune health, and any gut infections or inflammation will impact immune response. Consider incorporating drinking green tea – the compound in green tea (EGCG) enhances the body’s uptake of zinc and is independently antiviral effects.
- Ensure you’re feeling calm. Acute stress effects viral clearance
- Sleep is essential for optimal immunity
- Ensure you don’t smoke.
- Ensure your micronutrients are at optimal levels including zinc, magnesium (1),Vitamin D and A (2)
- Vitamin C and selenium is involved in a healthy immune response
- As your microbiome can impact your response to COVID, there are specific strains of probiotics that support immunity (3)
- Standardised (preferably practitioner quality) Curcumin derived from Turmeric has far reaching effects as an antioxidant, liver protective, immune balancing, anti-bacterial, anti-viral/fungal and anti-inflammatory.
- Medicinal mushrooms are specialised immune modulators
Special Pre-vaccine screening and targeted supplements Offer $295:
Are you contemplating the COVID vaccine and want to optimise your health beforehand, so you get the best response and reduce the risk of side-effects?
Option 1: Includes necessary supplements* and short consult.
Option 2: A more extensive consult, pathology testing (no supplements included but recommendations made on an individual basis)
Both options include
- Review and discussion of the immune questionnaire sent before your appointment
- An assessment of your overall health, immunity, diet, stress and sleep
- Prescription with instructions
Note: Baseline supplements to be taken the week before & 2 weeks after the vaccine (that can be used during any subsequent infections).
*Supplements in option 1 includes vitamins, minerals, medicinal mushroom and an immune supporting probiotic (4)
(1) Zinc supports immune response and both this and Magnesium is involved in breakdown of mRNA
(2) Vitamin A is important for healthy mucosal surfaces
(4) The 3 supplements included are practitioner quality zinc + vitamin C, a specific immune enhancing probiotic, and immune product containing medicinal mushrooms, Vitamins D, A, curcumin, selenium and cofactors. Extras may be indicated after pathology review.
Note If you develop headache 4-20 days post-vaccine that does not respond to pain relief, see your doctor immediately.
Doreen Schwegler is a medical Scientist and Naturopath with over 30 years of experience supporting people’s health and well-being. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org